Thursday, May 8, 2014

Don't live DOWN to what others think of you!

                            .


It's been a while since I talked to the indie artists out there, but I'm back with another post for my passionate entertainers!

I hate when people seem surprised about how successful my website is becoming...I already told them that my website was going to be a big deal. You know why people are surprised? Because they already had a preconceived notion of what they thought I was capable of accomplishing. If I was the type of person that actually cared what other people thought of me, I would have listened to them when they told me not to waste my time doing a website or any kind. They told me to get a job and forget about trying to start my own businesses

True enough, they were right about me getting a job and taking care of myself, but they were wrong about trying to convince me to give up on my desire to be a successful entrepreneur. I have learned that most people mean you well, but when they see your surpassing their professional level they begin to subconsciously hate on you for a lack of better words. I have also learned that family members can be your biggest haters. 

When I say don't live down to what others think of you, I mean if you think you can have the next hit record, don't let naysayers tell you differently. I want to take the time out to give this example about Nicki Minaj...
I am very proud of what she has become and is becoming on a daily basis. She started off killing the industry and even then she had people in and out of the industry putting limits on her in regards to what they thought she could do and how far her career would go. She has proven that she is not just a rapper, she is a rapper, a singer, an actress, a business woman, etc. She refused to let anyone label her and put a limit on her success. 

I am telling you to do the same! Do what Nicki did and show the world that you call the shots! You have the final say as to what you will do with your career! -TMD 

Follow me on twitter! @tiffanymdraper