Friday, July 4, 2014

Lil Wayne Is The New 2Pac!





According to Russell Simmons in an article he wrote for GlobalGrind.com he says Cash Money Records is “The best company in the history of Hip Hop.” He then went on to give more compliments to Baby and Slim. We all know who coached and mentored Lil Wayne...so why why would he not be the best as well? Lil Wayne built young money from the ground up sort of how Birdman and Slim built Cash Money Records. Lil Wayne is more than just a rapper, he is a brand! He can make anything and anyone popular. I enjoy his music not just for the thought provoking lyrics but for the punch lines as well. To hate on Lil Wayne is to hate on one of the most influential rap artists of our time. In my opinion, lil Wayne is the 2Pac of this decade. I say this because he not only raps but he moves the people. He is smart and capable of seeing the talent and potential in individuals in order to make them a star. I will even go as far as to say that Lil Wayne is better than 2pac because he goes way beyond rap with his rock album and pop collaborations. One could argue that 2Pac died before he could reach his fullest potential and I would agree.



This post in not intended to discredit or slander 2Pac in any way. It is meant to open the eyes of bias 2Pac fans. Lil Wayne knows how to do one thing that 2Pac did not seem to know how to do, and that is stay out of trouble. Yes, I know Lil Wayne went to jail, but he got out and has managed to stay out. While 2Pac was going around fighting people and spitting at camera crews, he could have been recording even more hit records. Lil Wayne has stated that he looked up to 2Pac and was even inspired to get tattoos just like Pac. So the views and opinions of this post are my own and not of Lil Wayne or anyone in YMCMB. With that being said, check me out on this. I recently saw a video to 2Pac Back by the Outlawz and it sounded like the music that artists do today. Guess what? There is nothing wrong with that! This leads me to believe that if 2Pac had of still been living his music and lyrics would have evolved with the times as well. People love to Joke and say that if 2Pac was still alive that Lil Wayne would be working at Mcdonald's and that is absurd considering the fact that Wayne was already being mentored by Baby while 2Pac was still alive meaning he would have still been in the game regardless. 

                             

 All in all, I admire Lil Wayne and I think he has surpassed 2Pac's level. Lil Wayne does not write he simply gets in the booth, no pen and no pad. I love the freedom of expression that he lets flow through his music. Lil Wayne is admired all over the world just like 2Pac still is today. I love what 2Pac contributed to this world, but don't get it twisted. I rep for young money cash money rich gang to the fullest, so hating on lil Wayne around me will not be tolerated. Lil Wayne is to be respected in my presence for speaking his mind, standing up for what's right and making great music for his fans even if that means musically evolving. Lil Wayne is the new 2Pac, the best rapper alive since the best rapper died. R.I.P 2Pac.


I think that I have managed to respectively disagree with Lil Wayne haters without hating on 2Pac in the process. As a matter of fact, I think I have even honored him in a way with this post even though I think Lil Wayne is better. Lil Wayne has even said that he looked up to 2Pac! I think he was inspired to be all that he can be from looking up to 2Pac and anybody in the music industry can tell you how Lil Wayne's work ethic is phenomenal. I would also go as far as to tell people that Rap is a sub-genre of Hip Hop and to compare 2Pac to Lil Wayne is crazy because of the difference in styles. Lil Wayne had tough times and came from nothing just like 2Pac. Wayne may not always rap about the "struggle" but that does not make him fake or any less of a rapper. All I am saying is, 2Pac was of beast in his day and Lil Wayne is a beast in his day, which happens to be these days and might just be forever... 

Young Mula Baby!!!
*Breaks Mic*