Monday, September 22, 2014

Promote Your Song The Right Way!

How much money did you put into your last single?
Look at the chart below...


People are buying more singles than albums these days...
The trick is to NOT upload your full song on the free sites...why?
Because there are to many free sites that allows people to 
download your music for free...especially youtube. 

Let me give you an example...
I am a big fan of a particular indie artist...I just love his music...
One day I was watching an interview video with the artist and in the background I heard
a new song from him and I search all over but I could not find that song for free lol, so I had no choice but to buy the song on Itunes. I always tell artists DO NOT make your song available for download on soundcloud and similar sites. You work hard to create and record your songs so you deserve to be paid for your work,  

Ask yourself another question...

Is your music available in as many digital distribution channels possible? 


With that being said...get your music on a many sites as you can...but only upload snippets! 
Make them buy your work!

Back to my point...

You need to put in a descent amount of money in promo for every song you put out in order to give it a fighting chance. You are competing against hundreds of thousands of other aspiring artists wanting their songs to be the next hit. How do you do this?

Quality Recording
Music Video
Distribution Outlets
Paying to have your song in or before viral videos..

The possibilities are endless when it comes to promo...

Don't put out song after song with no views or hits...

Take time to build an audience for your music...